During our buying journey, we are often confused between the brands and there is a lot of confusion about which brand of the refrigerator will suit us. So to avoid this situation we are here with a detailed comparison between Whirlpool vs Samsung refrigerators.
So both the brand Whirlpool and Samsung are among the most popular brands in the refrigerator industry. Both brands target different segments of customers whirlpool targets budget segment customers but on the other hand, but Samsung is known for innovative technologies.
Although we have tasted lots of models from both the brands and on the basis of that it’s quite difficult to say which brand is best for you because both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
So in this article, we have coved all the possible factors along with their advantages and disadvantages, so that you can easily choose the perfect brand as per your requirement and budget.
Table of Content
Whirlpool and Samsung Brand Overview
Whirlpool is an American multinational brand that was founded on 1911 but Whirlpool entered India in the late 1980s. They mainly manufacture home appliances especially known Refrigerators and washing machines.
Samsung is a South Korean brand that was founded on 1938 but entered India on 2004. Its main business is around electronic products like TV, mobiles, etc. but later they also entered the appliance industry.
Samsung vs Whirlpool Refrigerator Compression
So here you will know the detailed comparison between Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerators with different factors.
Ideal Capacity for Your Family
The capacity of a refrigerator can depend on your family size and requirements. If I give you a general idea then a typical 2 to 3 members family needs below 200Litre refrigerators, medium size (4 to 5 members) family needs a 200L to 300L refrigerator, and larger families require above 300L refrigerators to fulfill their needs.
Samsung refrigerators have a wide range of capacities from the smallest 190L single-door refrigerator to the largest 865L side-by-side refrigerator.
On the other side, Whirlpool has the smallest capacity of 190L to the largest 570L refrigerator.
So Samsung has a wide range of options for customers but in my opinion, a home 500L refrigerator is more than enough. One more thing to remember is that the price is directly proportional to the capacity of the refrigerator, so for more capacity, you have to pay a higher price.
Types of Refrigerators Avilable
So nowadays every one looking for modern design refrigerators. So both Samsung, as well as Whirlpool provides lots of options so that you can easily choose one of them.
Both brands have Single door refrigerators, double-door refrigerators, as well as side-by-side refrigerators.
But if we talk about the differences then Whirlpool has a unique triple-door refrigerator which Samsung does not have. It’s like a double-door model but has one extra door on the bottom which makes it much more convenient to use.
Direct Cool Refrigerator and Frost Free Refrigerator
In direct cool refrigerators, the refrigerating space has to come in direct contact with the evaporator coils to cool the refrigerator. This technology is typically used in small refrigerators and they need manual defrosting.
On the other hand, frost-free refrigerators use an indirect cooling method and they do not need manual defrosting.
Both Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerators have direct cool as well as frost-free technology.
Compressor Uses in Refrigerator
A compressor is one of the most important components of a refrigerator, it is actually used to compress the refrigerant at super high pressure.
So the compressor is of 2 types Non-inverter compressor and Inverter compressor. A non-inverter compressor is a normal traditional compressor that works on, an on-off principle, which makes it less efficient and consumes more electricity.
But inverter compressors are one of the most efficient compressors which required less electricity as compared to normal compressors.
Both Whirlpool, as well as Samsung refrigerators, are equipped with inverters as well as non-inverter compressors. But here Samsung has an edge over Whirlpool because Samsung has a special Digital inverter compressor where 8 pole motor is used which makes them much more efficient.
BEE(Bureau of Energy Efficiency) Star Rating
BEE is a government organization that sets the standards to measure star ratings for multiple appliances. In simple words, a star rating tells us how energy efficient an appliance is.
So there are 5 ranking labels from BEE 1-star rating, 2-star rating, 3-star rating, 4-Star rating, and a 5-star rating. A 1-star rating means least energy efficient and 5 Star Rating means most energy efficient.
Samsung and Whirlpool are both refrigerator brands that are available from 2-star energy ratings to 5-star energy ratings. So you just have to choose the right refrigerator according to your requirement.
Design and Build Quality
When it comes to any home or kitchen appliances then we always want a good design with amazing built quality so that you can use the appliance for years without any interruption.
So many types of materials are available in the market but Samsung as well as Whirlpool both use high-quality and long-lasting materials for their refrigerators.
And when it comes to appearance then both brand refrigerators look classy and have multiple color options. So you can easily select your favorite color.
Different Technologies Used
Whirlpool, as well as Samsung, are the most renowned brand available in the market, and they are known for their innovative technologies.
- Convertible Modes: Both have 5 in 1 convertible modes. So you can easily use this mode at your convenience.
- For cooling, Whirlpool uses Adaptive intelligence technology which senses the load weather condition and user patterns and according to that, it can adjust the inner temperature. On the other hand, Samsung has twin cooling systems where two separate evaporators and fans are used for independent cooling.
- For retained cooling, during power outages, they use cool pad technology where gel plates are used to reduce the loss of coolness on the refrigerator.
- Both Samsung, as well as Whirlpool refrigerators, have provided stabilizer-free operations, so technically you do not need to stabilize to operate them but if you need my suggestion then you should go for a stabilizer for extra safety.
Price completely depends on the technologies and the capacity you need in your refrigerator. And when it comes to Whirlpool and Samsung refrigerators the price range is quite competitive, so you get overall value for money refrigerators.
So between these brands, there are no major differences in price. So if you get a valuable deal from any brand you can go with them.
Warranty and After Sales Service
Both brands provide 1 year of warranty on the product with 10 years of long warranty on the compressor.
But when it comes to after-sales service than both are one of the most trusted brands not just in India but in the whole world. So you won’t have to think about their service they both provide good service in almost every city in India.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Whirlpool Refrigerator
- Some models of Whirlpool refrigerators have Adaptive intelligence technology which senses the load and weather conditions and according to that, it adjusts the inner temperature automatically.
- Because of the good insulating technology they can retain the coldness of the refrigerator for hours.
- Zeolite technology is available that prevents the excessive ripening of fruits and veggies. And a microblock technology is also available which prevents 99.9% of bacterial growth by keeping them fresh for longer.
- Supports home inverter in the event of a power outage.
- Some expensive models also come with 5-in-1 convertible modes which provide better flexibility in using the refrigerator.
- The best part about the Whirlpool refrigerators is that they come with a triple-door refrigerator where 3rd compartment is especially available for storage of veggies and fruits.
- At last Whirlpool refrigerators also provides stabilizer-free operation, so they do not need separate stabilizer for the adjustment of little voltage fluctuations.
- Most Whirlpool refrigerators are equipped with a normal inverter compressor whereas Samsung refrigerators are equipped with a digital inverter compressor which is much more efficient and silent.
- Whirlpool has the maximum capacity of refrigerators up to 570L but Samsung has the maximum capacity of 865L.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Samsung Refrigerator
- Samsung refrigerators provide a huge range of capacity from 190L to 865L. So you can easily choose the size of the refrigerator as per your requirement.
- Most Samsung refrigerators are equipped with a digital inverter compressor which makes them efficient and creates less noise as compared to Whirlpool refrigerators.
- To protect from voltage fluctuations they have the technology called stabilizer-free operations. (They can handle the voltage range between 100v to 300v).
- A cool pack is available in the freezer which helps to keep the temperature below 0°C for 12 hours during power cuts.
- Samsung refrigerators have independent cooling systems for both the freezer and refrigerator sections. So you can easily customize the refrigerator according to your need.
- Apart from that, They can easily run on a home inverter, but you need a high-power inverter to power the refrigerator.
- There is also a 5-in-1 convertible mode which makes your tasks easier and very effective in reducing power consumption by turning off the freezer section.
- Both Whirlpool and Samsung refrigerators come in similar kinds of price ranges but some Samsung refrigerators come in little bit higher price ranges.
FAQs for Samsung vs Whirlpool Refrigerators
1. Is Whirlpool and Samsung the same?
Whirlpool and Samsung are two separate multinational brands and they both are quite famous for refrigerators and known for their innovative products.
2. Which refrigerator brand is best Samsung or Whirlpool?
So there is no particular answer that which brand is best for the refrigerator, it actually depends on your need. Generally, because of the digital inverter, Samsung refrigerators are more power efficient and silent but on the other hand, Whirlpool refrigerators have adaptive intelligence technology which makes them much more convenient.
Conclusion: Samsung Refrigerator vs Whirlpool Refrigerator
So I think now it’s clear to all of you which brand you should choose between LG vs Whirlpool Refrigerator.
So which brand of refrigerator do you like the most? Whirlpool or Samsung let me know in the comment box.
After reading the whole article about the Samsung Refrigerator vs Whirlpool Refrigerator, if you are not able to find the best Samsung or Whirlpool refrigerator then you can also choose our Top Picks
So guys If you liked this post don’t forget to share it with your closer.
By the way, thanks for visiting.